Joint Replacement in India
The cost of Orthopedic surgery in India is a fraction of what it costs to get the surgery done in US, UK or any other Western country. For example, the cost of Knee replacement in India starts from $ 4900 with G-Medlife, whereas the cost of same surgery is around $25,000 in US, £10,000 in UK and $30,000 in Australia.
The cost of orthopedic surgery in India varies with the type of procedure chosen, surgeon, hospital and the city where you choose to get the surgery done.
G-Medlife offers joint replacement surgery at best orthopedic hospitals in India at our associated JCI accredited hospitals and clinics, which are equipped with the most sophisticated technology including:
· Operation theatres built according to International specifications using ultra-clean laminar air flow system, for best standards of infection control.
· Computer Navigation System
· High Definition Cameras
· Arthroscopic Equipment for performing technically challenging procedures
· Advanced Diagnostics and Support Infrastructure - 256 slice CT , High end MRI, PET scan
· Best quality prosthesis and implants
· Super specialized rehabilitation services, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy and other disciplines, which help the patient have a smooth journey post their joint replacement surgery and also helps them to return back to normal activity at the earliest after the surgery.
G-Medlife can assist you with the following joint replacement surgeries in India:
There are various variations in knee joint replacement surgery depending upon the patient's age, requirement and medical condition of the joint.
Knee Joint Replacement:
Total Knee replacement is considered to be the best treatment for arthritis when all other conservative treatments have failed to relieve the patient of disabling knee pain.
Flex Knee Replacement:
High flexion knee or full bend knee replacement allows bending to 155 degrees and is a boon to patientsseeking increased function after knee replacement. It allows activities after the surgery which require deep knee bend like stair climbing, squatting, kneeling, gardening etc.
· Total hip replacement:
Hip replacement is the tested and proven operation in elderly patients over 60. THR is also the preferred treatment for femoral neck fracture in this age group.
· Hip Resurfacing:
Hip resurfacing (also called hip arthroplasty) involves replacing the damaged surfaces of the hip joint with metal implants to improve mobility and reduce pain in the hip joint.
Is it Safe to have Joint Replacement Surgery in India?
Yes, absolutely. If you get your surgery done by a well-qualified and experienced surgeon, in a good surgical room, at a hospital which offers proper post-operative care; the risk of undergoing any surgery anywhere in the world is just the same. So, whether you are in US, UK, Australia or Canada the risks remain the same keeping other factors constant.
The hospitals in India that we associate with, are accredited, the surgeons board certified and more experienced than their Western counterparts, and we give utmost attention to the fact that you have travelled from a faraway country and have special requirements.
We advise that you stay in India for a minimum of ten days after you are discharged from the hospital to make sure you have healed adequately before you go back. We also provide proper rehabilitation after orthopedic surgery for best results. All these factors make surgery in India a very safe proposition. We have in fact seen that with proper patient selection and proper precautions, the success rate is much higher than in patients' home countries.
How to start your journey for Orthopedic surgery in India?
This is how you can begin your journey:
· Contact us through mail or call us at the numbers provided above. One of our representatives will get in touch with you.
· You would be asked for few details and X-rays and medical reports to assess your candidacy for the surgery.
· We shall get back to you with our expert surgeon’s opinion, exact cost and complete details about your surgery.
· You can ask any number of questions and we shall get answers to all your queries through our expert orthopedic doctors in India.
· You can then finalize your dates and we help you with visa, bookings and further steps.
We encourage you to educate yourself about joint replacement surgery, benefits from the right kind of procedure, best hospitals for orthopedic surgery in India and then make an informed decision.
G-Medlife thus invites you for a free consultation with chosen best orthopedic hospitals and top orthopedic surgeons and assures you hassle free arrangements for examinations, procedures, recovery, travel and stay in India. You can be rest assured that with G-Medlife's expertise, we bring in a wonderful experience of medical tourism, which we have been doing so for almost a decade now.
An individually allocated case manager takes personalized interest to design a tailor-made treatment plan for every guest and will inform you about the duration and cost of orthopedic surgery in India. Medical history and reports may be sent to email@example.com for a quick response from the case managers.